Are you looking for kidney stone doctor in Mumbai? Then your search ends here. Get your kidney stone problem treated today by Dr Jamal Azmi as he is one of the most trusted Urologists in Mumbai and kidney stone specialist doctor.
Kidney stones, or renal calculi, are solid masses made of crystals. Kidney stones usually originate in your kidneys. However, they can develop anywhere along your urinary tract, which consists of these parts:
A kidney stone usually will not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureters — the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder. If it becomes lodged in the ureters, it may block the flow of urine and cause the kidney to swell and the ureter to spasm, which can be very painful. At that point, you may experience these signs and symptoms:
- Severe, sharp pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain that radiates to the lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain or burning sensation while urinating
Other signs and symptoms may include:
- Pink, red or brown urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- A persistent need to urinate, urinating more often than usual or urinating in small amounts
- Nausea and vomiting Fever and chills if an infection is present
WHEN TO CONTACT DR. AZMI
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:
- Pain so severe that you can’t sit still or find a comfortable position
- Pain accompanied by nausea and vomiting
- Pain accompanied by fever and chills
- Blood in your urine Difficulty passing urine.
- Calcium stones.
- Struvite stones.
- Uric acid stones
- Cystine stones.
Nephrolithiasis or kidney stones are different sized crystal stones forming in kidney and urinary tract.
Kidneys are organs responsible for waste management and elimination of toxins from the body. Their prime functions are as follows:
- Waste removal-The kidneys remove toxins, urea and excess salts from the body by way of excreta.
- Healthy balance of acids- Kidneys maintain healthy balance of acids in the body.
- Hydration- Kidneys also play a key role in maintaining water levels in the body even when water intake is less.
- Produce hormones- Kidneys produce hormones which help in regulating blood pressure, bone health and increase red blood cell count.
Urologists feel that the stressful times today have led to kidney stones being common among young people in their 20s and 30s.
Urologists and medical experts emphasize that kidney stone is an extremely painful disease; only second to child birth. The person feels severe pain in parts like flank, testis, loins and of course kidney in frequent bouts.