In Endo-Urology . Scope is Entered through opening of body like urethera or through making holein body & Prodcedure is done.
Different procedure commonly done.
- Scope is entered in kidney through outside and stone broken & removed.
- Mini-scope is entered and laser is used to brake stone.
- It is procedure in which flexible scope is entered through uretha into kidney & stone is broken.
Highly Skill Procedure.
No Cut is made.
- Stone in ureter is broken through Scope entered through uretha
- Surgery for prostate enlargement in which Endoscopic instruments entered through Urethra and Prostate is Resected
- however limitations of TURP it can be done in Prostate glands with less than 100 gm
- It is Recent advanced treatment for prostate size >100-150 gm and patient who are on Anticoagulants
- In this Thulim Fibre laser is used to do the Surgery
- Trans urethral resection of bladder tumor through urethral Opening.
Endourology refers to a subspecialty in urology where minimally invasive techniques are used to inspect the urinary tract and perform surgery. A surgeon with special training feeds tiny cameras and surgical tools through a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope.
What is urological endoscopy? If you're having problems with your urinary tract, your urologist may suggest doing a urologic endoscopy to help diagnose the problem. Urologic endoscopies come in two forms: Cystoscopy – For this procedure, the doctor uses a camera attached to a long tube to look at the urethra and bladder.
Endourology (stone disease) is a minimally invasive technique in which small telescopes and lasers are used to treat tumors, strictures, or congenital anomalies of the bladder, ureter, and kidney.